Originally triangular in shape, the circuit was built in 1921 and, using public roads between the towns of Francorchamps, Stavelot and Malmedy, measured an incredible 14.9 kilometres.
In 1979, the track was redeveloped to its current configuration but, despite being halved in length to7.004km, maintained the same characteristics of old.
With a mixture of long straights and fast corners – which include one of motorsport’s most famous corners, Eau Rouge – the track flows through the rolling hills ofBelgium’s Ardennes Forest.
A lap of Spa pushes drivers and their cars to the very edge of their capabilities which, combined with the track’s often unpredictable and localised weather, presents a true test of skill.
From the uphill dash of the Kemmel Straight to the high-speed corners of Pouhon and Blanchimont, history echoes through every turn and is deservedly celebrated.